It’s been greater than a decade since Dragon Age Origins was launched and it’s nonetheless performed by many gamers. But as the sport will get older, more durable it turns into to keep up the compatibility. Players have been complaining that DOA has been crashing continually. With some workarounds, gamers have managed to tone down their settings to run the sport. So, right here’s our information on repair the Dragon Age Origins retains on crashing downside.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Dragon Age Origins Keeps on Crashing?
Before we get into the potential fixes, listed here are the system necessities to run Dragon Age Origins:
- DirectX: DirectX November 2007.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X850 256MB or NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or higher.
- Hard Drive: 20 GB HD area.
- Memory: 1GB (1.5 GB on Microsoft Vista or Windows 7).
- Processor: At least Intel Core 2 Single 1.6 GHz or AMD 64 2.0 GHz processor.
Mentioned under are some fixes to resolve the crashing downside
Lower in-game settings
As DOA was launched in 2009, it’s fairly comprehensible for the sport to have some glitches and bugs. It was reported by some gamers that tweaking their video settings helped remedy the issue.
Follow these steps:
- Head over to the Options.
- Go to the Video Tab.
- Change the settings to the bottom graphics below Detail settings.
Update your Graphics drivers
Follow these steps to replace your graphics driver:
- Hit the Start button and search Device Manager.
- Select it after which broaden the Display adapters possibility.
- Then, Right-click on the graphics driver and choose the replace the motive force possibility.
Use DirectX model 9
- Launch the Steam software and head over to its Library.
- Right-click on the Dragon Age Origins and choose the properties possibility.
- Type -dx9 below the Launch choices for superior customers.
This ought to hopefully cease the crashing situation. If not, observe our subsequent methodology.
- Launch Steam and go to the Library.
- Then, right-click on Dragon Age Origins and choose the properties possibility.
- Select the Local Files within the left pane.
- Click on Verify the integrity of sport information.
If your information are corrupted, this methodology will re-download all of the information. If it didn’t remedy the issue, observe the subsequent methodology to resolve the difficulty.
Run compatibility mode
As talked about, DOA is an previous sport and therefore there may be some points in operating it. So, that you must run it in Compatibility mode. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Dragon Age Origins file and go to its properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and examine the mark on the compatibility mode.
- Then, apply the settings to avoid wasting the settings.
- Launch the sport to examine whether it is nonetheless crashing.
That’s all on repair the Dragon Age origins retains on crashing error. If you appreciated this information, be certain to take a look at extra Video Gaming Guides proper right here on Gamer Tweak.